PDA

View Full Version : Allow Usergroups to post HTML

thanhdia
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Just like the name says, this ultra-simple little Product will allow you to specify Usergroups that may make forum posts in HTML and have that HTML be parsed.

The code in this version is 100% identical to that in the 3.5 version, which worked all the way through 3.6,7 and 8. :D

Blog HTML permissions are, for some reason, actually there in Usergroup Manager, they control HTML in Blog entries and posts, and override the settings in this Product.

***BE AWARE THAT INDISCRIMINATE USE OF THIS PRODUCT IS RISKY - RESTRICT IT TO ONLY THOSE USERGROUPS YOU TRUST ABSOLUTELY***

The scary message above is to make sure you are aware that enabling HTML for any group opens you up to security issues. This is why it is not a feature of Stock vB, probably. :)

Now updated to be controlled by a Setting in Usergroup Manager, it's phrased and even works in editpost.php (preview) in WYSIWYG and normal modes, AND the Forum Rules shows HTML is ON.

In the current vB 4.0, this WILL apply retroactively.
That is, if a User posted something in HTML in the past, before they were given the ability, that post will be parsed. This could prove dangerous/troublesome for anything not wrapped in PHP tags.

Many thanks to Andreas for prodding me to figure it out by myself and not just telling me what to do. :)

A "demo" is here (http://www.nzboards.com/showthread.php?t=89305&p=112214#post112214)..html is OFF in that Forum, but those posts are made by an Admin with the setting to Yes, so the HTML is parsed.

Known Issues: It is not currently possible to choose whether the HTML in a post is parsed or not - it will be.. unless (weirdly) you wrap it in PHP /PHP tags.
I'll look into adding a toggle switch.