PDA

View Full Version : YAFB - Yay! Another Facebook Bridge

thanhdia
06-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Yay! Another Facebook Bridge 1.9
Tested to work with vBulletin 3.7.x and 3.8.x (3.6.x requires some manual edit, contact me for detail instruction)

NEW! Demo forum: http://daohoangson.com/vb38/
A must-check features list is available here (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1887356#post1887356), you won't want to miss a thing

[WHAT IS IT?]
There are many vBulletin - Facebook bridge out there but installing is always the problem for most of forum owner. So I decided to build this product from scratch and provide you the ability to install this Facebook Bridge into your forum in 10 minutes. The detail install instruction can be found below (under the Feature section). Hope you like it

[MAIN FEATURE]
*** Damn easy to install!
1. Long list of action/notification: posting thread, posting reply, rating thread, sending pm, uploading image (avatar/profile picture). This list are designed to be expandable easily later by me or other people who loves to develope this product (well, if you do, contact me right now!)
2. Ability to quick register with Facebook credential but Administrator can disable this function via AdminCP
3. Ability to auto login with Facebook session (Administrator can turn this on or off in AdminCP and members can enable or disable this feature on their accounts either)
4. [AdminCP] Administrator can "edit" template bundle easily. Actually the old template will be deactivated, the new template will be registered and then all action associated with the old template with be updated with the new template bundle id. Oops, why you need to care about all of it? I did it for you already! Just go the the editing page and click Edit. Yay! All done
5. I have added a fun feature that generate the Fans List, the photo will be posted to new thread with friend tagged (if available). The main purpose of this bonus feature is to demostrate the ability of the bridge. If you have an idea, contact me and I will implement it if I can

[B][CHANGE LOG]
Version 1.9 (released on Sep 24, 2009)
1.9.1 Proudly introduce the Avatar Synchronizing feature. Members now can use their avatar from Facebook as forum's avatar. Cache is used to prevent ineffective javascript/fbml script running. Administrator has full power to manage this feature (turn on, turn off, select avatar source, define cache timeout, limit max requests)
1.9.2 Options to not accept Facebook proxied email addresses added up on vBulletin's members' requests
1.9.3 New section in AdminCP: Users Manager. You can see the list of all connected user. With each of them, you can view basic information and permissions' information also
Version 1.8 (released on Sep 22, 2009)
1.8.1 Support Account Reclamation (put http://domain.com/forums/register.php?do=fbb_reclaim into Account Reclamation URL field in Facebook Application Settings page)
1.8.2 Allow member to display a block contain their recent posts from Facebook
1.8.3 Display Facebook icon (with link) in member's profile and posts

[NEW INSTALLATION]
*. Upload all files/folders in folder "upload" into your forum root (Please upload before importing product)
1. Import Product:
1.1. Go to AdminCP
1.2. Plugins & Products ~> Manage Products ~> Add/Import Product:
1.2.1. Browse to the .xml file
1.2.2. Click Import

2. Fill the settings:
2.1. Go to AdminCP
2.2. vBulletin Options ~> vBulletin Options ~> Yay! Another Facebook Bridge
2.2. Create a Facebook Application if you haven't had one for your forum. Refer to the Creating Facebook Application below if you don't know how to do it
2.3. Fill the API key and Secret into the approriate fields. You can leave the Template fields untouch (the will be filled automatically). With other fields, it's your decision
2.4. Click Save and you are done!

2.* Creating Facebook Application:
2.*.1. Go to Facebook Developer > Create Application page http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php (login if you didn't)
2.*.2. Enter the Application Name. Suggestion: Put your forum name here. Don't forget to tick the Agree radiobox and then click Save Changes
2.*.3. Now you can get your API Key and Secret (that are needed in step 2.3)
2.*.4. And go to the Connect tab, fill your forum url into Connect URL, fill your domain into Base Domain.
2.*.5. You are done with required information. But you can go through other tab and enter more detail about your forum, your application. I suggest putting a nice icon, banner into it. Happy customizing!

[CONFLICT]
Since this product interfere with the registration procedure, I have found some other plugins/products that conficts with this product. Below is the full list of known confict and action taken to resolve the issue

No Spam (Human Verification): Temporary disabled during Facebook registration
vMail (Email Verification): Temporary disabled during Facebook registration
Force Intro on Registration: Un-confirmed wrong username/url display of the intro thread. No action taken

[OTHER PLUGINS/PRODUCTS]
I have developed an easy to use options/permissions system that allow other plugins/products to add it's actions into this bridge and let the forum members experience a whole new era of connections. I did a small demostration with my kBank System (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210236) (which is a money system with award/thank functionality and a useful hiding feature) and it runs pretty well. If you are interested in testing kBank in action with YAFB, contact me. If you are a developer who wants to integrate your plugins/products with this Bridge, contact me either! You are all welcome

I hope you enjoy this product

A little note for attachment downloads:
- YAFB v1.4 had been downloaded 36 times before I removed it
- YAFB v1.5: 4 downloads
- YAFB v1.5.1: 26 downloads
- YAFB v1.6: 29 downloads
- YAFB v1.7: 22 downloads
- YAFB v1.8: 48 downloads

thanhdia
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Once again, here is the demo board: http://daohoangson.com/vb38/ you can come and check it out. Some must-check features:

Register with Facebook (and then login with Facebook)
Playing around with enabling and disabling options (yeah, it's kinda relaxing)
Display profile block in profile page (member.php?u=x)
Posting thread/reply and get it published to your stream
Posting reply to an appropriate thread and comment auto-added to the corresponding Facebook post
Rating a thread is equal to clicking the Like button! You can even share the post via news feed
Receive PM and get notification in Facebook
Upload avatar/profile image and fullsize image uploaded to Facebook
Synchronizing Avatars. In the demo board, the cache timeout is set to 120 seconds. That value is pretty low but I think it's enough to demostrate the feature. Make sure you won't set it that low in your boards

There are some screenshots for you to see right below. Enjoy your stay here