PDA

View Full Version : Find My Posts In A Thread

thanhdia
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
What Does This Hack Do?
This is a hack that adds an extra option on the Search this Thread drop down list on the first post of a thread (along with all the other thread tools) which allows your members to search for their own posts within a thread they have posted in, just like here at vb.org.

As an added bonus (thanks to Michelle for the idea), unlike the version here at vb.org, you have the option to check if a user has posts in the thread they are in and not display the link to users who do not have posts (why show the link if there will be no search results?). Please note, if this option is enabled for a usergroup, it will add 1 query when a user from that usergroup is viewing a thread.

There are no file or template changes at all, and is fully phrased.

DEMO: Click on the Search this Thread or Search this Mod drop down list and select Find My Posts in any thread you have posted in to see it in action.

vBulletin Version Compatibility
This hack can be used with v3.8.0, v3.7.5, v3.6.12 and later versions. This hack should also work fine with earlier versions of v3.7.x and v3.6.x.

Hack Support/Feature Requests
I will not be providing any support at all to people who have not clicked Mark as Installed.

I will provide limited free support for this hack in this thread only.

Free limited support for this hack is in its unaltered form, and does not include supporting alterations to this hack, custom code, custom template edits and integration with other third-party hacks.

I will only add features to this hack if I find the request interesting and would find it useful to have on one of my sites.

As with all of the hacks I release here for free, I code for fun and code hacks the way I like them, then release them so you can benefit. If I am not interested in adding a feature, do not take offence, it is that is a feature that does not interest me personally.

However, if you would like additional paid support for alterations to this hack, custom code, custom template edits, integration with other third-party hacks or adding features that not interest me (but you would like added for your site), then feel free to make a paid work request via Private Message (in the PM title you should indicate it is a paid work request), and we can discuss your request. If it is not a paid work request PM, I will more than likely ignore and delete the PM without a response.

Install Instructions

Unzip ms_findmyposts.zip
Upload bitfield_ms_findmyposts.xml to your /includes/xml folder.If upgrading from an earlier version, then overwrite the previous copy.
Import the ms_findmyposts.xml into vB using the AdminCP Product Manager. If upgrading from an earlier version, then set Allow Overwrite to Yes.
In the Usergroup Manager edit the usergroup(s) you want:

To see the link (disabled by default for all usergroups).
To check to see if they have posts in that thread (disabled by default for all usergroups).

Uninstall Instructions

Delete the bitfield_ms_findmyposts.xml file from your /includes/xml folder.
Uninstall the product in vB using the AdminCP Product Manager.

Version History
v3.8.003 - Tuesday 16th December 2008
-- Changed: Installation Instructions
-- Changed: Screenshots
-- Added: SQL query to check if a user has posted in a thread, and code display the link if there are posts
-- Added: 1 phrase
-- Added: 1 bitfield option

v3.8.002 - Friday 12th December 2008
-- Changed: Phrase type for a couple of phrases

v3.8.001 - Thursday 11th December 2008
-- Initial Release

Show Your Appreciation
Although not required, if you have enjoyed the benefits of this hack, and would like show your appreciation for my efforts, then please feel free to click on the Support Developer link and donate any amount you feel is appropriate.