PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Rated A Thread

admin
19-11-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/external_images/hack-by-wolfshead-solutions.png (http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/)

Have you ever wondered who rated a thread and what they scored it? Well, you would out of luck with a default vBulletin installation. But, fear not, this hack solves that by displaying who has rated a thread (in a box at the bottom of a thread), and the rating they gave it.

Hovering over a username will show the rating that user gave the thread.

In addition to this, clicking on the View All button will launch a separate scrollable page that shows how each user rated the thread. The View All button will only be displayed if at least one person has rated the thread.

This hack is controlled by usergroup permissions in the AdminCP Options for this hack, there is also an On/Off switch to turn this hack on and off.

The inspiration for this hack came from Paul M's Who Has Read A Thread hack, but instead of who read a thread, it shows who rated a thread.

With this hack people can never rate a thread anonymous again.

Hack Support/Feature Requests
I will provide support for this hack in this thread only, and only for people who have clicked on Marked as Installed. I do not provide support via Private Message, Instant Messenger or Email.

Support for this hack is in its unaltered form, and does not include supporting alterations to this hack, custom code, custom template edits and integration with other third-party hacks.

I will only add features to this hack if I find the request interesting and would find it useful to have on one of my sites.

As with all of the hacks I release for free, I code for fun and code hacks the way I like them, then release them so you can benefit. If I am not interested in adding a feature, do not take offence, it is that is a feature that does not interest me personally.

Branding
There is a small unobtrusive block of copyright branding text at the bottom of each page generated by this hack, which is there to promote my work and allow you to use this hack for free.

You are NOT allowed to remove my copyright branding from this hack.

If you wish to remove the visible copyright branding from this hack, then you can do so by purchasing a life-time multi-site Who Has Rated A Thread - Branding Free Subscription at Wolfshead Solutions (http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/).

Removal of the copyright branding without purchase of a branding-free license will be considered as a breach of copyright, and I will take the matter further.

Install/Uninstall Instructions
The readme.txt instructions file is included in attached .zip file.

Translations
I would like to thank the following people for their translations:

v4.0.4 Polish translation (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2126255#post2126255) (out of date) by Marek58

Version History
v4.0.6 - Saturday 19th November 2011
-- Fixed: missing commas separating usernames in a thread's who rated block for vBulletin v4.1.8 and above

v4.0.5 - Thursday 9th December 2010
-- Fixed: "maxversion" so product can be installed on vBulletin 4.1.0 and above

v4.0.4 - Saturday 27th November 2010 (first released to Wolfshead Solutions on Wednesday 27th October 2010)
-- Fixed: visual formatting broken by vBulletin 4.0.8
-- Changed: version number formatting
-- Changed: 'Who_Rated' template (fixed formating broken by vBulletin 4.0.8)
-- Changed: 'Who_Rated_View_All' template (fixed formating broken by vBulletin 4.0.8)
-- Changed: 'Who_Rated_View_All_User' template (fixed formating broken by vBulletin 4.0.8)
-- Changed: 1 plugin
-- Changed: readme.txt installation instructions
-- Changed: screenshots
-- Removed: Who_Rated.css template (no longer needed)

v4.0.003 - Thursday 17th December 2009
-- Fixed: Hack broken by v4.0.0 Release Candidate 2
-- Changed: Who_Rated template (changed "view all" link to button)
-- Changed: Who_Rated_User template (now username link is now friendly url compatible)
-- Changed: Who_Rated_View_All_User template (now username link is now friendly url compatible)
-- Changed: Who_Rated.css template (format output better)
-- Changed: 1 plugin (tidied up branding info)
-- Changed: Screenshots
-- Added: 1 phrase (for some reason, it was missing)

v4.0.002 - Thursday 26th November 2009
-- Changed: Who_Rated template (adds a view all page link)
-- Changed: 1 plugin (view all link only viewable if someone has rated the thread)
-- Added: 1 plugin (adds a view all page)
-- Added: 3 templates (adds a view all page)
-- Added: 1 phrase (adds a view all page)
-- Added: Install code (so you don't have to uninstall v3.8.x versions of this hack)

v4.0.001 - Monday 23rd November 2009
-- Initial vBulletin v4.0.x release
-- Changed: Who_Rated template
-- Changed: Who_Rated_View_All template
-- Changed: 3 plugins
-- Removed: 1 plugin
-- Removed: 2 templates
-- Removed: 2 phrases