What does this mod do?
This mod adds social groups to the notifications dropdown. Your members will get notified if there are discussions with unread messages, the counter will show how many discussions there are.
Just import the product file in AdminCP->Product Manager. Done.
- Show notification for new messages in groups the user is a member of, subscribed to, or both
- Select usergroups who can use the mod (i.e. who will get notificatons)
- Select whether to link to usercp.php or group.php
Note on ressources:
Note that this modification adds a maximum of two queries to every pageload. Both are not too heavy, going to slave servers only if existent, and there are mechanisms in place to prevent unnecessary querying:
- mod will not be executed if user has no permissions to use social groups
- mod will not be executed if user is not a member of the usergroups specified in the settings
- only if the first two conditions are met, the first, light query checks whether the user is member of or subscribed to any social groups at all; only if it is set to check for both will the query run on both realated tables (JOIN)
- again, the second query is only executed if the first one returns result
- furthermore, this mod uses query_read_slave exclusively
- This mod will only work with database read marking, not with cookies. There are no plans to change that.
This modification is also available for vB3.8
4.0.002: initial release
View more the latest threads:
- Lỗi khi upload avartar
- Cần giúp đỡ về copy/paste 1 bài viết từ diễn...
- Cần giúp đỡ về BBCODE VBB 4.0.x
- Xin giúp làm tính năng ẩn bình luận
- Quick delete all Visitor Messages
- Register Redirect
- vBH-Add New Tabs [updated Patch Level 1 -...
- [vB4] Template Postbit_legacy đẹp
- Share Đóng khung avatar dạng temp ( ngang,...
- Index trung thu. Sửa lại tý